Water Heater Program
FOR MORE INFORMATION,
STOP BY OR CALL 574-223-3156.
OFFICE HOURS: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
How Much Does This Cost?
- $200.00 for a 50 gallon water heater
- 6 year tank warranty
- 1 year parts warranty
- Meets or exceeds 1190
- Foam insulation
- Factory installed temperature and pressure relief valve
- $100.00 rebate if member buys their own 40 gallon or larger water heater somewhere else.
- Be a member of Fulton County REMC.
- Water heater must be installed in a full time residence on REMC lines.
- Must consent to have our load management switch installed on your new electric water heater.
- Pick up your water heater and have it installed within 30 days.
- Must call the REMC to have water heater inspected and load management switch installed.
- Say “yes” to free maintenance on the water heater as long as the switch remains in place.
- A Mobile Home or Doublewide must be mounted on a permanent foundation.
Making Wise Energy Choices
Enjoy the convenience and safety of an electric water heater. Did you know it’s often as cheap to heat water with electricity as with gas? For example, compare the efficiency of gas water heaters to the efficiency of electric water heaters. The myth that gas is cheaper simply doesn’t always hold true for local REMC home owners.
There are advantages to installing an energy efficient electric water heater:
- It’s less expensive to purchase.
- No chimney or vent pipe is necessary to exhaust the carbon monoxide gas.
- There is no need to worry about leaking gas in the home.
- The electric water heater is safer for the environment.